In the course of my work I provide professional learning to the education community on a range of topics.
2 February – Identifying library collection development needs to support curriculum delivery and student inquiry. Northern Library Group (Tasmania)
** Workshop participants (password required)
22 November – Connected Books: Getting Smart with Literature. Eduwebinar. Registration.
26 July – The Book Week Package Deal – Everything you need for a ‘great escape’
22 March: – Research for Reflective Practice. Eduwebinar.
This webinar introduces the concept of research from a practitioner’s perspective and aims to inspire participants to implement their own research project within their field of professional practice.
- Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (n.d.). Australian professional standards for teachers. In AITSL: Teachers. Retrieved from http://www.aitsl.edu.au/australian-professional-standards-for-teachers/standards/list
- Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (n.d.). Peer observation. In AITSL: Teacher toolkit. Retrieved from http://www.toolkit.aitsl.edu.au/category/classroom-practice/resource/131
- Corcoran, S. & Jensen B. (2014). Challenge-based learning: Exploring sustainability. Scan. 33(4), pp. 6-12.
- Hedges, H. (2001). Teacher/researchers in early childhood: Ethical responsibilities to children. Networks. 4(2). Retrieved from http://journals.library.wisc.edu/index.php/networks/article/view/43/47
- Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. (2005). Research@work. Retrieved from https://www.eduweb.vic.gov.au/edulibrary/public/publ/research/publ/Research@Work-rpt-v1.0-20051121.pdf
- Pezaro, C. (2015, April 12). Teachers as researchers: What they do where to find them and how academic researchers can engage with them. EduResearchMatters. Retrieved from http://www.aare.edu.au/blog/?p=980
- Softlink. (2015). 2015 Australian and New Zealand School Library Survey. Retrieved from https://www.softlinkint.com/resources.
- Todd, R. (2008, April 1). The evidence-based manifesto for school librarians. School Library Journal. Retrieved from http://www.slj.com/2008/04/sljarchives/the-evidence-based-manifesto-for-school-librarians/
- Wilhelm, J. (2016). Recognising the power of pleasure: What engaged adolescent readers get from their free-choice reading, and how teachers can leverage this for all. Australian Journal of Language and Literacy. (39)1, pp. 30-41.
28 February: – Positioning the Library as a Curriculum Hub – Northern Library Group.
Venue Glen Dhu Primary School.
7 December 2017: – Horizon Report Forum: Online Learning. Eduwebinar. Panelist 25 July 2016: – 2016 CBCA Shortlist – Australia is the Story Country.
With CBCA judge Tricia Scott. Eduwebinar. View the recording and visit the blog post dated 25 July to follow the links to supporting resources.
28 May 2016: – @WWW-Free Literature to Inspire and Inform: Get inspired – ASLA mini conference, Hobart. Online content in my website: @WWW
16 March 2016:- Postmodern literature for the English classroom. Eduwebinar.
November 25, 2015: – Book trailers – Pitfalls & Practicalities + Process & Publication. Eduwebinar
August 4 & 5 2015:- Ebooks – Why not? (St Virgil’s College and MacKillop Catholic College). Complete the contact form to receive registration information.
July 15, 2015: Book Week 2015: Digital resources to engage students (view the webinar at http://eduwebinar.com.au/webinar-archive/hints-and-tips)
June 2015:- Ebooks – Why not? ASLA [Nth Tasmania, Queechy High School]
June 2015:- Ebooks for the future library. Edutech
2015, April/May:- Book Week 2015: Web resources. CBCA Tasmania
2014, November:- Action research to inform decision making: A focus on e-books. Eduwebinar
2014, October:- Lesson plans at your fingertips. In Smart tips and hints 13. Eduwebinar
2014, July:- Historical inquiry: Web resources. Trevallyn Primary School.
2014, March/April:- Building geographical understanding: Web resources. ASLA [Nth Tasmania] / Riverside Primary School
2014, February:- Apps in the Geography lesson and classroom. Eduwebinar
2013, November:- Building geographical understanding of Place and Space with ICT. Eduwebinar